E coli Water Testing Kit | Escherichia coli (also known as E.coli) is a Gram-negative, facultative anaerobic, rod-shaped, coliform bacterium of the genus Escherichia that is commonly found in the lower intestine of warm-blooded organisms. Most E.coli strains are harmless but some serotypes can cause serious food poisoning in their hosts, and are occasionally responsible for product recalls due to food contamination. Pathogenic E.coli can cause severe diarrhea and sepsis. Pathogenic E.coli secretes adhesions and escherichia coli toxins which do harm to human health.
E coli Water Testing Kit Information
- Test Conditions: Ambient temperature: 20℃ to 38℃, Best temperature：25℃
- Storage: Between 5℃ to 25℃.
- Shelf Life: 12 months or up to 90 days once opened.
- Pack Quantity: 2 x E coli Water Testing Kits
The Allora E coli Water Testing Kit is easy to use and you get your results fast. To get your water quality results simply follow the test kit instructions below.
E. coli Test Instructions
Do not open the test vial until you are ready to test your water. Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using this test kit.
- Remove the test vial cap and fill with 30ml of water
- Tightly screw the cap on and shake well for 30 seconds or until powder has dissolved
- Sit the vial on a flat surface for 24 hours at temperatures between 20 to 35 degrees Celsius.
Test results will take a minimum of 24 hours (+ - 2 hours) to complete however incubation temperatures and/or lower bacteria numbers may cause results to take up to 72 hours.
Store vial in an upright position (out of direct sunlight) until test result colours are evident. Shaking vial for 5-10 seconds every 8 to 12 hours can enhance colour development but is is not required.
After the incubation time has passed your test results will be evident without having to open the test vial. Simply match with the colour chart provided.
YELLOW = ABSENCE: This means a negative result for coliform bacteria if the sample inside the vial is clear or yellow. To confirm continue your results continue the incubation period to 72 hours to confirm the absence of the bacteria.
TEAL = PRESENCE: This means that your test is displaying a positive result for coliform bacteria. The colour and intensity may vary. If any shade in the colour spectrum of teal, blue or green exists at any time during the test period (between 24-72 hours), the test is complete.
General Product Information
- When ready to test your water quality, remove the strip from the container and replace the cap tightly.
- Store at room temperature and keep away from UV rays and to not expose the container to moisture.
- Do not remove the test strip from the container unless you intend on using it.
- Do not store in refrigerator or in direct sunlight. Keep away from moisture and high temperatures.
- Keep out of reach from children and refer to the packaging for the used by date.
- Warning: Chemicals used can be irritating to the eyes, skin. If contact immediately flush with water.
Store this test kit in a cool, dry place. Exposure to sunlight and moisture will degrade the test pads.
More E coli Water Testing Kit Information
Fore more information on the Allora E coli Water Testing Kit, visit our Frequently Asked Questions Page: Water Test Kit FAQ's