E coli Water Testing Kit | Escherichia coli (also known as E.coli) is a Gram-negative, facultative anaerobic, rod-shaped, coliform bacterium of the genus Escherichia that is commonly found in the lower intestine of warm-blooded organisms. Most E.coli strains are harmless but some serotypes can cause serious food poisoning in their hosts, and are occasionally responsible for product recalls due to food contamination. Pathogenic E.coli can cause severe diarrhea and sepsis. Pathogenic E.coli secretes adhesions and escherichia coli toxins which do harm to human health.
E coli Water Testing Kit Information
- Test Conditions: Ambient temperature: 20℃ to 30℃, Best temperature：25℃
- Storage: Between 5℃ to 25℃.
- Shelf Life: 12 months or up to 90 days once opened.
- Pack Quantity: 2 x E coli Water Testing Kits
The Allora E coli Water Testing Kit is easy to use and you get your results fast. To get your water quality results simply follow the test kit instructions below.
- Take sample water 0.1ml to reaction tube by pipette, then add the lysate 0.4ml to the same reaction tube. Shake the mixture well then keep in-rest condition for 10 minutes.
- Remove one strip from the box and replace the cap immediately. (strips must be sealed to protect humidity)
- While holding the strip from the opposite end of the test pad, immerse the reagent area (the test pad) of the strip in the water specimen or water stream and wait for 10 minutes.
- Option 1: Qualitative test 10 minutes.
- Negative or positive can be judged. If the test pad changes to any blue, It indicates that E.coli is contained in test sample. Otherwise No
- Option 2: Semi-quantitative test 60 minutes.
- Tap off excess water
- Compare your results to the chart. Read the test results carefully in a well-lit area with the test pad held near the color chart
- Match the test strip colors with the corresponding colors on the chart and record your results.
- Discard used test strip, clean apparatus for next time use.
General Product Information
- When ready to test your water quality, remove the strip from the container and replace the cap tightly.
- Store at room temperature and keep away from UV rays and to not expose the container to moisture.
- Do not remove the test strip from the container unless you intend on using it.
- Do not store in refrigerator or in direct sunlight. Keep away from moisture and high temperatures.
- Keep out of reach from children and refer to the packaging for the used by date.
- Warning: Lysate is corrosive and irritating to the eyes,skin. If contact Immediately flush with water.
More E coli Water Testing Kit Information
Fore more information on the Allora E coli Water Testing Kit, visit our Frequently Asked Questions Page: Water Test Kit FAQ's